Friday, November 12, 2010

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Christmas is my ABSOLUTE favorite holiday next to my birthday! I love everything about the Holidays and am so excited about CHRISTMAS in my near future! Tuesday, was a stressful day and I needed some cheering up so I decided it was time to start up the Christmas tunes on Pandora! Yep, that's right bring on the Mariah Carey Merry Christmas Album baby!! You know which one I'm talking about, no? ONLY THE BEST CHRISTMAS CD OF ALL TIME!! Sure it may be from the 90's, but those were the best times! I may expand my thoughts on that in a different post because I honestly don't think they make music or movies like they used to! I really want to bust out the decorations, but Mr. C says no! Yep, Scrooge himself says we can't put out the decor until after Thanksgiving. I guess I will just have to surround myself with everything else Christmas in the mean time. Even though Mr. C wants to wait, I am so excited about our little tradition we started last year! I am going to make a batch of my grandmother's amazing Russian Tea, turn on some Christmas tunes and trim the house in all things Christmas!! My Grandmother's Russian Tea is a fabulous little recipe that just screams Christmas time and makes your house smell absolutely lovely.

Bippie's Russian Tea
8 cups of water
5 tea bags
1 cup sugar
16 oz. orange juice
8 oz. pineapple juice
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cloves
Make tea in the water, and add rest of ingredients. Simmer for at least half an hour, and serve.

Another thing I am looking forward to is creating our Christmas cards this year! If you have not seen Shutterfly's collection of Christmas cards you MUST check it out! I have used shutterfly to make photo books and calendars before, but this will be the first year of Christmas cards. YAY for first year family Christmas cards!!


They are having a giveaway for 50 free holiday cards when you post about it on your blog! There are some really adorable Christmas cards as well as photo Holiday cards! To check out the photo Holiday cards click on the link below.

There are a few criteria I have for Mr. C and I's Christmas cards. They must say the word Christmas and not Holidays and I want something sleek and elegant. Here are a few of my favorites below.



I haven't decided if I want to do a stationary card or just a photo card. They also have great calendar designs (http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars) and these would make perfect gifts!
Tonight, Mr. C and I are headed to a lake house with some friends and I could not be looking forward to this nice relaxing weekend anymore. We are coming back on Sunday and I will be surrounding myself with more Christmas as I meet up with The Bestie to attend the Christmas Village! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment